The goals of the Mathematics program:
- To provide a major in mathematics designed to develop mathematical knowledge and skills that may be applied in a variety of professions.
- To prepare students for graduate studies in mathematics and related fields of study.
- To provide a minor in mathematics supporting other majors.
- To provide service courses supporting other majors.
- To prepare students for secondary teacher licensure in mathematics.
- To prepare students for teacher licensure with a concentration in mathematics at the middle-school level.
- To provide courses that develop the mathematical understanding and skills necessary for individual growth, successful careers, and responsible, informed citizenship as part of the program of general studies.
- To prepare those students whose mathematical knowledge and skills are insufficient for college-level work.