Students who transfer to Mars Hill will find that our community is very welcoming and helpful.
If you are transferring from a North Carolina Community College with an A.A. degree or an A.S. degree you will enter Mars Hill University as a junior. If you have an A.A.S or other miscellaneous credits, the registrars office will do a transcript evaluation to clarify the remaining credits you will need to complete a bachelor’s degree at Mars Hill University. Mars Hill University is a participant in the Independent College Articulation Agreement with the North Carolina Community College System.
If you are an adult student, over 24 years old, interested in evening classes, you may be interested in the Adult and Graduate Studies program.
1. Complete and submit an Application for Admission .
2. If you have less than 24 transferable credit hours, request that your SAT (college code: 5395) or ACT (college code: 3124) scores be sent to Mars Hill University. *If over 21, standardized test scores may not be required.
3. Contact your high school guidance office to request that an official copy of your Final High School Transcript be sent to Mars Hill University.
4. Request that official copies of all College/University Transcripts be sent to Mars Hill University.
5. When the Admissions Office receives all required items listed above, your admission file is “complete,” and the review process begins.
6. Your Admissions Counselor will notify you regarding acceptance, and you will receive complete information and necessary documents via U.S. mail.
7. Visit the Financial Aid page to learn more about funding your college education and to begin the financial aid process.
8. Submit your $250 Advance Tuition Payment. This payment will allow your new student housing and meals account to be created. Watch your email for a link to log in to your new account. All freshman and sophomore students must live and eat on campus, unless they meet commuter student requirements. If you meet commuter student requirements, submit your $250 Advance Tuition Payment. This payment will allow your Commuter Account and Meals plan account to be created.
9. Visit the Admitted Students page to learn more about final steps in the enrollment process, including First Year Pre-Orientation sessions and First Year Orientation.
And visit us! No matter where you are in the college admissions process, a visit to Mars Hill University is the best way for you to get to know us, and for us to get to know you!