The mission of the Department of Business Administration is to prepare students for professional, managerial, and leadership positions in business, governmental, and non-profit organizations. Emphasis is placed on the development of communication, teamwork, technical, analytical, and critical thinking skills that are needed by successful organizations competing in a global economy. Above all else, we strive to instill in students a desire to be life-long learners who will promote socially responsible solutions to organizational problems and who will recognize the importance of ethical behavior and integrity in all aspects of their lives.
• Business majors demonstrate broad-based business knowledge of the functions of accounting, finance, management, marketing, and the relationship of these functions to one another in an effective organization.
• Business majors apply economic concepts, statistical methods, business law, business ethics and social responsibility, and current technology to evaluate organizational problems.
• Business majors analyze business related information and develop entrepreneurial thinking skills.
• Business majors write well-organized and grammatically correct documents that conform to standard business format.
• Business majors produce well-organized and well-delivered oral presentations.
• Business majors demonstrate professional standards of team participation and leadership.
Finance and Economics Concentration