Each year, over 225 named scholarships are awarded to Mars Hill students. Without such assistance, many of our students would be unable to pursue a Mars Hill education. Scholarships can be named in honor or memory of a beloved family member or friend (perhaps a special MHU professor) and are created with unique selection criteria. Named scholarships can be funded in two ways:
Annually Funded Scholarships
- Funded on an annual basis.
- Requires minimum of $2,500.
- Award is based on the specific amount donated.
- Award is typically made in the year following gift, though donor can request award be made when given, provided the gift is made early in the academic year.
- Are perpetual
- Corpus (principal) is preserved
- Requires minimum $20,000 investment, which can be funded over a five-year period
- Awards will be made as a percentage of investment income, based on the corpus amount, as set by the Board of Trustees (This amount is currently 5%)
For further information on establishing scholarships contact the Institutional Advancement Office at (828) 689-1102.