The Admissions Process
FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS:
1. Complete and submit an Application for Admission. Admission decisions are made on a rolling basis. However, it is strongly recommended that international students complete their application several months prior to enrollment to allow for I-20 processing.
2. Send official copies of your SAT (college code: 5395) or ACT (college code: 3124) and TOEFL or IELTS scores (if English is not your first language) to Mars Hill University.
*NOTE: The minimum TOEFL score for admission to Mars Hill University is 500 (written test), 173 (computerized test) or 61 (internet test).
3. Send official copies of all Transcripts from previous or current institutions attended (secondary/high school and post-secondary schools) or national examination results such as A-levels (United Kingdom) or Baccalaureate (France). Transcripts should be translated to English if necessary.
Transfer students must also send Official College/University Transcripts. Transcripts should be translated to English if necessary. *We encourage students who have attended university overseas to have an official course-by-course evaluation completed by WES transfer evaluation service.
4. Optional: Send two Letters of Recommendation from individuals who can attest to your academic ability and personal character.
5. When the Admissions Office receives all of the above items, your admission file is “complete,” and the review process begins.
6. Your Admissions Counselor will notify you regarding your acceptance, and you will receive information and the necessary documents for enrollment.
7. Financial Aid is available to International Students, although funding is limited. International Students are eligible to receive an MHU scholarship upon acceptance. Athletic scholarships are also available to International Students. If accepted for admission, your Admissions Counselor will notify you of all financial aid available to you.
8. To accept the offer for Admissions and Financial Aid, International Students must submit the Statement of Financial Conditions for International Students along with the documentary evidence required. *This form represents your Statement of Financial Conditions and MUST be completed before Mars Hill University can issue an I-20 Form to an International Student.
9. Submit your $250 Advance Tuition Payment. This payment will allow for the creation of your Mars Hill student accounts, will allow you to complete the housing and meal plan application, and have your first semester schedule created. All freshman and sophomore students must live and eat on campus, unless they meet commuter student requirements. *Please contact your Admissions Counselor for more details.
10. An I-20 Form will be issued to you and sent via FedEx. Immediately upon receiving the I-20, you must submit the I-901 Fee for F-1 Students. Submit your fee here.
11. If you plan to apply for a visa at a local U.S. consulate, you must receive the I-20 Form before attending the visa appointment.
12. Visit the Admitted Students Page and contact your Admissions Counselor to learn more about the final steps in the enrollment process, including Lion Life Orientation and Lion’s Roar.