If you’re lucky enough to live nearby, you already know the legendary beauty of the Blue Ridge Mountains. If you haven’t experienced “our neck of the woods,” get ready to be inspired on a daily basis. Just minutes from the vibrant city of Asheville, our hometown is surrounded by outdoor opportunities. Within a short drive you can:
- Snow ski or Tube
- Hike the Appalachian Trail
- Stand on top of Mount Mitchell, the highest peak east of the Mississippi
- Tour the impressive Biltmore Estate
- Indulge at numerous foodie favorites in downtown Asheville
At Mars Hill, we help each individual student develop the skills and knowledge to pursue their plans for the future. We believe that when you start from a higher perspective, you can go farther than you ever dreamed. You will learn from faculty who are as dedicated as they are accomplished. Your classroom experience will offer a broad liberal arts exposure, complete with experiential learning.
Mars Hill University Graduate Studies creates leaders in professional fields and communities. Our programs accommodate both working professionals and recent college graduates. We offer:
- Master of Education (M.Ed. K-6) Prepares teachers to excel in their K-6 classroom as well as offering preparation for National Board for Professional Teaching Standards (NBPTS) certification.
- Master of Arts in Criminal Justice (M.A.C.J.) Focuses on the enhancement of knowledge, communication, critical thinking skills, and ethical decision making.
- Master of Management (M.M.) 4+1 degree. You can complete any major at MHU and add on a management degree in just one year.
- Master of Arts in Teaching (MAT) Designed for students who currently hold a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in one or more of the following areas: Biology, History, English, Mathematics, Business, Theatre, or related fields and would like to seek teaching licensure.