Bonner Scholars: Information for Applicants
First-Year Program Requirements
- Pre-Service Orientation
- Participate with a Bonner first-year cohort
- Serve on a team of 4 to 6 first-year students guided by an upper-level student called a “Bonner Site Leader”
- Complete an average of 10 hours a week of community engagement
- Participate in the Bonner First-Year Spring Break Service Trip
- Successfully Complete First Year Seminar 1 and First Year Seminar 2
Summers of Service
- Bonners are required to complete two summers of service while in college. Students are encouraged to complete their first summer of service between their first and second years.
Bonner Scholars receive:
- The full cost of attending college less the estimated family contribution (EFC) based on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), including the Stafford Loan
- Summer Earning Stipend of $1500.00 each summer for two summers
- Summer Living Allowance for national and international opportunities
- $2000 Loan Reduction upon graduating from Mars Hill University
- AND… Life Changing and Mind Opening Experiences which will help you build your resume and give you unforgettable memories!
Selection begins with submission of the application and reference form. Once application is completed in full and the applicant is offered admission by Mars Hill University, application is screened by a selection committee.
From the initial pool of applicants semi-finalist are selected and invited to campus to interview, learn more about the program, and to interact with current Bonner staff and students.
Bonner Interview Day is scheduled during spring semester. Students interested in the Bonner Scholarship should make every effort possible to visit Mars Hill University on that day. BONNER INTERVIEW DAY IS BY INVITATION ONLY. Invitations are extended by the Bonner Coordinator only.
Finalists are selected based on their successful participation in Bonner Interview Day which includes planned group activities and a face-to-face interview.