Student Support Services
…helping MHU students succeed since 1988
ABOUT THE OFFICE:
The Mars Hill University Student Support Services Program, a TRiO program, is 100% funded by a grant from the U.S. Department of Education.
Our services and resources may include, but are not limited to:
- Academic and personal advising
- Peer tutoring and mentoring
- The SSS study center
- Assisting students with academic accommodations
- Workshops and seminars
- Fun and educational travel and cultural events
- Assistance with securing technology needs: laptops, calculators, etc.
- Assistance with the graduate program application process in conjunction with the Cothran Center for Career Readiness
In order to be eligible, students must qualify for at least one of the three criteria. A qualifying student must:
- be a first generation college student, (neither primary care-giver holds 4-year degree)
- have a demonstrated financial need
- have a documented disability on file with MHU Accessibility Services
The SSS Office is open 8:30am through 5:00pm, Monday – Friday.
Feel free to come visit us in our office in Renfro Library 205 or call (828) 689-1138.
OUR FRIENDLY STAFF:
Stop by our office in Renfro Library 205 or call the office at (828) 689-1138.