To help every student build the foundation for a meaningful life and career, and to be prepared to successfully navigate the job market.
The Work Study Program at Mars Hill University exists to provide qualified students part-time job opportunities with the wages being used to help reduce student tuition fees. Student employment with Mars Hill University gives students the opportunity to work in preparation for entering the job market while meeting critical needs of the University.
Work Study is awarded by the Mars Hill University Financial Aid Office. The award is given to qualified students based on the information provided by the student on their Free Application for Federal Student Aid (or FAFSA). The Work Study Program is supplemented by a community involvement portion.
Work Study students will work with a faculty or staff supervisor as part of their office or department.
Mars Hill University awards two types of Work Study: Federal Work Study and the Institutional Tuition Assistance Work Program.
1. Federal Work Study
- Seniors and Bonner Scholars only will be awarded Federal Work Study.
- Student earnings will be direct deposited into the bank account on file.
2. Institutional Tuition Assistance
- Students who are awarded the Institutional Tuition Assistance Work Program will complete the same number of hours as those awarded Federal Work Study.
- Student earnings will be applied directly to their student account for a reduction on their tuition unless the student’s balance has been paid in full and then the earnings will be direct deposited into the bank account on file.
- This assistance can in no way generate a refund on the student account, unless the student’s balance has been paid in full.
There are several jobs available to students in academic departments across campus. Applying for these jobs follows the same process as Work Study jobs and requires the same paperwork to be filled out by the student. The pay date for Departmental Work is the same as Work Study, with the funds being direct deposited into the bank account on file.