October 13–15, 2022
Homecoming is an exciting time for current students, alumni, faculty and staff alike. We look forward to celebrating with you this year!
Thursday, October 13
- 6 p.m.: Alumni of the Year Banquet (invitation-only) – Redway Dining Room
- 7 p.m.: Lion’s Growl Homecoming Pep Rally – Chambers Gym
Friday, October 14
Saturday, October 15
- 7:15 a.m. registration, 8:30 a.m. start: Forever Lions 5K Race – Dr. Otis Duck Greenway
- 8:30 a.m.–2:30 p.m.: Homecoming Registration, T-shirt sales, & Lion’s Roll sales – Athletic St. near Ammons Field House
- 9 a.m.–4 p.m.: MHU Bookstore hours – Day Hall, 1st floor
- 9 a.m.–1 p.m.: Museum exhibit: Sharing Responsibility for OUR Future: Activism and Voting Rights in Appalachia
- 9 a.m.–1 p.m.: Lion Cub Zone – Ammons Field House
- 9 a.m.–2:30 p.m.: Music with DJ Rick Sauer – commuter parking lot (across NC 213 from Ammons Field House)
- 9 a.m.–5 p.m.: Tailgating – Ferguson Math & Science Center parking lot, chapel parking lot, commuter parking lot
- 9:30–10 a.m. & 10-10:30 a.m.: Campus Tours (same tour offered twice)– Ponder Atrium, Ferguson Math & Science Center
- 9:30–10 a.m. & 10-10:30 a.m.: Campus Center presentations (same presentation offered twice)– Wall Science Building, Room 135
- 10 a.m.: Men’s Alumni Soccer game – Belk Field
- 11–11:45 a.m.: Choir Concert – Broyhill Chapel
- 11a.m.–1 p.m.: Cross Country reunion – Lunsford Commons
- 12–5:30 p.m.: Class of 1982 Tailgating – Ferguson Math & Science Center parking lot, spaces 6 & 7
- 12–1:30 p.m.: Class of 1972 Luncheon – Redway Dining Room of Pittman Dining Hall
- 12–1:30 p.m.: Class of 1997 Reunion/Luncheon – Day Hall, 2nd floor lobby
- 12–end of football game: MHU Bookstore tent – south end of Meares Stadium near concessions
- 12:30–1 p.m.: Lion’s Roll – Greek Hill
- 1–1:30 p.m.: Bailey Mountain Cloggers performance – Athletic Street near back entrance to Wren Student Union
- 1:40–2 p.m.: Mountain Lion Marching Band Pre-Concert Performance with MHU Spirit Team – Athletic Street
- 1:50 p.m.: Recognition of 1997 men’s and women’s cross country teams – Meares Stadium
- 2:05 p.m.: Alumni of the Year presentation – Meares Stadium
- 2:20 p.m.: Mountain Lion Marching Band Pregame Event – Meares Stadium
- 2:30 p.m.: Football vs. Emory & Henry – Meares Stadium – Tickets
**There is a no-bags policy for Meares Stadium; see details on the right side (desktop) or bottom (mobile) of this page**
- Halftime of football game: Mountain Lion Marching Band performance – Meares Stadium
Lunch Options for Saturday
- Pittman Dining Hall will be open 9:30 a.m.–1:30 p.m.
- Lion’s Den will be open 11:30 a.m.–4 p.m.
- Food Trucks will be located along Athletic Street beginning at 11:30 a.m.
- Tentative Lineup
- Southern Cross Country Cooking
- Blessed Soul Food
- Papa John’s Pizza
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 828-689-1140 with questions.
**No-Bags Policy in Meares Stadium**
MHU has instituted a “no bags” policy inside Meares Stadium, which will be in effect for MHU Lions football games as well as Madison High School games being played at MHU this season. The only bags allowed will be those smaller than 8.5×11 inches, or smaller clutch-type or medical/child supplies bags. Any bag entering Meares stadium will be searched.
Only one entry point will be allowed: through the ticket booth area at the south end of the stadium, near Ammons Field House.
NO PARKING ALLOWED ON GRASS; park anywhere on campus and walk to the stadium.