Call for Third-Party Comment
Submission Deadline: September 7, 2020
On October 5-6, 2020, Mars Hill University will host an accreditation visit by the Association for Advancing Quality in Educator Preparation (AAQEP). In preparation for the visit, the AAQEP Quality Review Team is soliciting public comment about the quality of educator preparation provided by Mars Hill University. All comments must be submitted by September 7, 2020 through the AAQEP website: Submit Comment
The Mars Hill University Teacher Education Program provides the following information to the public on both program outcome and program impact with links to data that provide supporting evidence for each measure:
MEASURES OF PROGRAM IMPACT:
- Value-Added ratings — state ratings of teachers’ impact on gains in student learning, as measured by standardized test scores of the students in their classes.
- NCEES— principal ratings of the competence of recent graduates, as mandated under the North Carolina Teacher Evaluation System, which is aligned with the North Carolina Professional Teaching Standards.
- Principal survey — a survey of principals’ perception of recent MHU Teacher Education program graduates currently working at their schools.
- Graduate survey — a survey of in-service teachers who completed the Mars Hill University Teacher Education Program.
MEASURES OF PROGRAM OUTCOME AND CONSUMER INFORMATION:
- Completer graduation rates — aggregate completion rates for the Teacher Education Program and institutional graduation rates.
- State licensure exam results — including most recent year pass rates by program area and summary pass rates by year.
- State survey of employment — average 4-year employment rates, based on information from the North Carolina Department of Public Instruction.
- Student Loan Default— University-wide rate of default on student loans for the years 2013, 2014 and 2015 and other consumer information, based on data provided by the MHU Financial Aid Office.