Certificate in Community Engagement
Student Learning Outcomes
- Identify social and environmental issues, resources, assets and cultures in the community, region and the world.
- Communicate informed, innovative, and effective action steps for positive change in the community.
- Engage with people who have ideas, beliefs, attitudes, and behaviors different from one’s own as professional members of society.
Portfolio of Work
Students completing the Certificate will develop a portfolio for submission to the Community Engagement Advisory Board. Certificate completion will be granted after review and approval of the portfolio.
Notes about the Certificate:
- An application will be required for the program. Students would need to be accepted before they can be enrolled in GE 301 and GE 261.
- Students will apply for completion of the certificate. The Community Engagement Advisory Board will review applications and determine if all requirements are met.