Phillip M. Brantley, MA, LCMHCA, NCC, Director of Counseling Services
Noreal F. Armstrong, Ph.D., LCMHCS, NCC, University Counselor
LOCATION & HOURS
The Counseling Center is located in Nash, Room 109. Office hours are 9:00am – 5:00pm Monday through Friday, and by appointment.
How Do I Make an Appointment?
Appointments can be made through email, by contacting email@example.com, or by calling (828) 689-1196.
The Mars Hill University Counseling Center is committed to promoting the academic achievement, personal/social/emotional development, and career planning of all students through delivering a comprehensive counseling program and partnering directly with students, faculty, and community stakeholders to encourage wellness. The Counseling Center strives to provide inclusive and nonjudgmental counseling support, campus-wide educational initiatives, and advocacy efforts toward further empowering Mars Hill University students to become responsible, contributing members of society.
Overview of Services
The Mars Hill University Counseling Center is an inclusive, nonjudgmental, and safe space where students can receive emotional support regardless of what they may be experiencing. Counseling services are free and confidential for all students. The Counseling Center offers the following support services for students:
- Short-term and long-term counseling depending on the nature of the concern, for up to 12 sessions per semester, including couples counseling upon request
- Consultation services when there is a specific personal concern or specific concern for another student that may not necessarily require counseling
- Counseling groups to offer students additional support and to empower students to support one another
- Mediation services upon request or upon referral
- Campus-wide screenings for mental health related issues and for alcohol/substance use
- Educational workshops to promote mental health awareness and wellness
- Referrals to outside providers for extended treatment, psychological evaluation, and medication management