Financial Aid Forms

Federal School Code: 002944

Phone: (828) 689-1123
Fax: (828) 689-1300
Email: Financial Aid Office
Campus Box 6686
Mars Hill, NC 28754

Note: Most of the following forms are in PDF format. You will need Adobe Reader or another PDF reader such as Foxit Reader.

Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)

Individuals who wish to be eligible for federal assistance in paying for college must complete a FAFSA form. Forms are available in the Financial Aid Office in Blackwell Hall and online:

FAFSA on the Web (online application)

Financial Aid Forms

Steps to Activate Your Stafford Loan

If you have a federal Stafford Loan as part of your financial aid package, you must do the following:

Steps to Apply for Parent PLUS Loan

  • Complete institutional application for Federal Direct PLUS Loan
  • Return institutional application to Mars Hill University Financial Aid Office by mail or fax
  • After loan is accepted, parent must fill out Master Promissory Note (MPN) with the Department of Education at

Other Sources of Information

The state and federal governments publish a wealth of information on the web about financial assistance for college. Those of particular interest in Mars Hill University students include the following: