Welcome new graduates!
MHU is proud to call you a graduate of our university. Congratulations on earning your degree!
As you prepare to enter the next phase in your life, we hope that you will take some time to consider actively participating in the MHU Alumni Association. Thousands of graduates who have passed through MHU through the years have chosen to stay connected and help keep MHU strong in the rankings through consistent participation.
Since August 1922, the MHU Alumni Association has served alumni and the university. Today, we provide a mix of alumni services, programs and activities to enrich your life, including alumni gatherings, reunions, career mixers, alumni awards, and printed and email communications. We hope you’ll join us!
7 REASONS TO BE AN ACTIVE MEMBER OF THE MHU ALUMNI ASSOCIATION
1. MHU Pride
Today, MHU is one of the top baccalaureate institutions in the South. As an alumni association member, you contribute to a visible alumni community that matches the ongoing growth of the university.
2. Keep the Connection
Keep the link to your alma mater and receive:
- Periodic MHU e-newsletter
- Invitations to social and career events – homecoming, football tailgates, networking mixers, etc.
- Semiannual publication of Mars Hill: The Magazine , the university magazine.
3. Campus Privileges
You are always welcome back on campus with special privileges including…
- Athletics – MHU Alumni Association members get special prices at tailgates, alumni events, and selected football games.
- MHU Bookstore – 10 percent discount
- Alumni decal
- Access to university Guest House (subject to availability)
4. Networking & Career Assistance
You can make friends in a new city or contacts in your field at networking events, game-watching parties, and other alumni events.
Not just when you graduate, but for as long as you are a member of the MHU Alumni Association you will enjoy access to alumni career services including:
- Invitation to career events, job fairs, and networking mixers
- Peer Career Advisor Network
- Access to MHU Career Services program
- Find a job using our career and mentoring services
5. Support Traditions, Awards, & Scholarships
The MHU Alumni Association exists to engage, connect, and celebrate alumni through activities like local/regional events, career services, tailgates, reunions, and more. Some awards include: Alumni of the Year (junior college & four year candidates), Honorary Alumni, departmental Alumni of the Year.
6. Alumni Association Travel
You can stay connected with retired faculty, current faculty/staff, friends, and other alumni by taking part in our travel trips.
Past trips include: Ireland, Hawaii, Louis/Clark Expedition, South Dakota, Alaskan cruise, Mount Rushmore, Montana, and many more. Contact the Alumni Office for more information.
7. Exclusive Access
You will get access to special alumni-only events, as well as get advance information about news and events on campus through our Inside MHU e-news. And from time to time, we’ll let you know about offers with businesses that are available to you as a member of the alumni association, such as some savings on auto and home insurance through Liberty Mutual.
WHAT WE ARE ABOUT
The Alumni Board encourages Mars Hill graduates to:
- establish a habit of philanthropy and active involvement with Mars Hill
- achieve a high level of class participation
- build class unity
- nurture and develop leadership
WHY SHOULD YOU GIVE?
Giving is good. Mars Hill changed our lives. It gave us outstanding academic resources, lasting friendships, and countless memories. Our Mars Hill experience was made possible through the generosity of the alumni who came before us. Now we have the opportunity to build on this great tradition of alumni support and to say “thank you.” Our gifts to the Mars Hill Fund will help future generations of students.
The things that make Mars Hill great:
Our gifts help students cheer the football team, run track, attend campus events, and get involved in student activities.
Help your class score the highest participation rate in Mars Hill history! (High annual participation also improves our national rankings.) Let’s show other small private institutions in the Southeast what we’re made of!