COVID-19: Renfro Library Services
March 17, 2020
The Renfro Library staff is ready, willing and able to provide virtual research assistance and library services to MHU students, faculty, and staff. Please look through this list, share relevant information with your students, and please let us know if you have any requests, needs, questions.
- MHU students, faculty and staff can contact us using firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Librarians are available to provide virtual reference services Monday through Thursday from 9am to 9pm and Friday 9am to 5pm. Librarians are prepared to confer using email, video conferencing, and/or phone.
- Students, faculty, and staff may also request a virtual appointment if these times aren’t convenient.
- Many library resources are available online. To use these, log in with your MHU username and password, as if you were logging in to Moodle or Webmail (without @mhu.edu). If you encounter any problems please contact email@example.com for troubleshooting.
- In addition to our subscription resources, many vendors are offering free access to resources. We are putting together a list and will notify faculty and staff when it becomes available.
- Should you need print materials, we will scan selections (within reason) and email the document(s) as quickly as possible.
- We will continue to fill Inter-Library Loan requests for articles. We will attempt to fill faculty requests for books through ILL.
- We are extending the due date for all Renfro Library books to April 17th.
- We are available to help identify resources to support instruction.
- We can provide permanent links to articles, books, and films. Some featured collections to consider are JSTOR ebooks, Proquest Ebook Central, Films on Demand, and links to articles from our databases.
Following CDC guidelines, Renfro Library will remain closed, and staff will be working from home. This situation is evolving daily, and we will be meeting virtually to make necessary adjustments regularly. We’ll stay in touch and hope to hear from you and your students. We’re happy to help.