Work Here

Plumber’s Helper

CLASSIFICATION:  Service/Maintenance Personnel

SUPERVISOR: Position reports directly to Maintenance Supervisor

QUALIFICATIONS:  High School diploma or equivalent. Valid driver’s license.

DUTIES:      Under the direction of Plumber or Maintenance Supervisor, perform preventive maintenance tasks involving but not limited to:

  • Water distribution to the buildings, maintain piping systems throughout the buildings,
  • Replace or repair water lines in and outside buildings,
  • Repair or replace lavatory, shower, toilet, and all related items pertaining to kitchen and bathrooms,
  • Help in maintaining hot water systems – For heat as well as domestic hot water,
  • Help and assist in proper corrective measures,
  • Plan and implement equipment,
  • Control upgrades and new installations,
  • Analyze water control problems,
  • Check and maintain hot water pumps,
  • Check and maintain water temperatures at safe levels,
  • Repair or replace water lines: copper, steel, plastic,
  • Sewer line repair, snake lines for proper water flow
  • Assist the town of Mars Hill with water supply problems

This position will be cross-trained and perform other duties as assigned by supervisor. This position will be “on call” as scheduled. Supervisor may determine extent of malfunction to assure that the proper action is taken and proper work methods are being followed.

To apply, submit a letter naming the position, a completed college application, and your resume via email to:


Mars Hill University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Provider. Minorities and women are encouraged to apply.

In accordance with federal law and U.S. Department of Agriculture policy, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race color, national origin, age, disability, religion, sex, familial status, sexual orientation, and reprisal.

To file a complaint with Mars Hill University, contact:
Jennie Matthews
Office of Human Resources
Box 6664
Mars Hill University
Mars Hill, NC 28754
828 689-1197
828 689-1256 Fax
To file a complaint of discrimination, write to:
USDA, Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
1400 Independence Avenue, S.W., Stop 9410
Washington DC 20250-9410
Or call toll-free at (866) 632-9992 (English) or (800) 877-8339 (TDD) or (866) 377-8642
(English Federal- relay) or (800) 845-6136
(Spanish Federal-relay).
USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer.