Reports to: Director of Athletics
Classification: Associate Administrator
Status: Full-time, 12-months, Non-faculty, Exempt
Summary: The Head Coach of Women’s Basketball oversees all aspects of the women’s basketball program. Mars Hill competes at the NCAA Division II level and is a member of the South Atlantic Conference. This is a basketball position that has no accompanying classroom or teaching duties.
• Recruits and awards scholarships to student-athletes
• Organizes and conducts practice sessions
• Schedules travel, officials and meals for team
• Responsible for the overall discipline/conduct and academic progress of players
• Responsible for the direct supervision of Assistant Coach
• Works with the Sports Information Director regarding squad pictures, rosters, publicity, player awards and promotions
• Furnishes the NCAA information regarding team roster, eligibility, clearinghouse, etc. to the Director of Athletics, compliance officer, registrar, and President
• Prepares budget in conjunction with Director of Athletics and oversees final budget
• Inventories and orders supplies and equipment
• Reports any needs or maintenance of the facilities and equipment to the Director of Athletics
• Attends professional meetings, clinics, and workshops, etc.
• Abides by MHU, NCAA and SAC rules
• Represents the institution and the department in a positive and professional manner
• Responsible for any other assignments or details required by the Athletic Director
• Collateral responsibilities:
o Participation in fundraising activities
o Acceptance of service on college committees
o Membership and active participation in professional organizations
o Attendance at convocations, staff meetings, graduations, etc., if at all possible
Qualifications: Applicants should have at least a bachelor’s degree with a successful coaching background in basketball.
PLEASE INCLUDE ALL REQUESTED APPLICATION MATERIALS – INCOMPLETE SUBMISSIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED
Mars Hill University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Provider. Minorities and women are encouraged to apply.
In accordance with federal law and U.S. Department of Agriculture policy, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race color, national origin, age, disability, religion, sex, familial status, sexual orientation, and reprisal.
|To file a complaint with Mars Hill University, contact:
Office of Human Resources
Mars Hill University
Mars Hill, NC 28754
828 689-1256 Fax
|To file a complaint of discrimination, write to:
USDA, Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
1400 Independence Avenue, S.W., Stop 9410
Washington DC 20250-9410
Or call toll-free at (866) 632-9992 (English) or (800) 877-8339 (TDD) or (866) 377-8642
(English Federal- relay) or (800) 845-6136
USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer.