Director of the Mars Hill Fund
Reports to: Vice President for Advancement
- The Director of the Mars Hill Fund provides strategic leadership and management of a comprehensive, integrated, annual giving program.
- Plans, directs, coordinates, and implements a multichannel annual giving program through direct mail, phone, online strategies and personal solicitations to increase alumni participation and strengthen a donor base inclusive of alumni, parents, and friends.
- Coordinates the annual Mars Hill Day of Giving.
- Cultivates, stewards, and solicits a portfolio of donors.
- Works with advancement services to perform data analysis to properly execute market segmentation and ensure results reporting.
- Represents the University at various internal and external advancement related events.
- Leads the annual Faculty/Staff Campaign.
- In conjunction with the Director of Alumni Relations, manages targeted reunion giving initiatives.
- Hires, trains, and evaluates student phonathon staff.
- Manages the annual giving leadership program (1856 Society)
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of two years of experience in higher education fundraising, alumni relations, volunteer management or a closely related field.
- Excellent written communication skills essential
- Computer skills, specifically Microsoft Office Suite
- Graphic design capability and analytic data mining experience a plus.
- Experience with annual and strategic planning.
- Capacity to work independently but also as an involved team member.
- Ability to travel as needed. Evening and weekend work sometimes required.
To apply, submit a letter naming the position, a completed college application, and your resume via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
PLEASE INCLUDE ALL REQUESTED APPLICATION MATERIALS – INCOMPLETE SUBMISSIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED
Mars Hill University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Provider. Minorities and women are encouraged to apply.
In accordance with federal law and U.S. Department of Agriculture policy, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race color, national origin, age, disability, religion, sex, familial status, sexual orientation, and reprisal.
|To file a complaint with Mars Hill University, contact:
Office of Human Resources
Mars Hill University
Mars Hill, NC 28754
828 689-1256 Fax
|To file a complaint of discrimination, write to:
USDA, Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
1400 Independence Avenue, S.W., Stop 9410
Washington DC 20250-9410
Or call toll-free at (866) 632-9992 (English) or (800) 877-8339 (TDD) or (866) 377-8642
(English Federal- relay) or (800) 845-6136
USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer.