Report To: Director of Athletics Communications
Classification: Professional Staff
Status: Part-time, 12-months, Non-faculty
Mars Hill University is seeking a graduate assistant for athletic communications. Mars Hill University, located in Mars Hill, North Carolina, is a Division II member of the NCAA, competes in the South Atlantic Conference (SAC), and boasts 22 varsity athletic programs. The position is responsible for assisting the Director of Athletic Communications in all aspects of the day-to-day operations of the department as well as other duties within the athletic department.
The part-time position is open to those who are in the process of or have already been accepted into one of the three graduate programs at Mars Hill University. Enrollment in one of Mars Hill University’s graduate programs is required. The position provides a monthly stipend, as well as half tuition remission. If the applicant is selected and chooses to live on campus, housing costs will be reduced by 40 percent.
• Enrollment in one of the Mars Hill University Graduate Programs
• Ability to work nights and weekends
• Strong time management skills with ability to thrive in fast-paced environment
• Exceptional communication and writing skills
• Serve as contact for assigned sports
• Assist in game day operations for all sports
• Keep in-game statistics and archive/maintain historical records for assigned sports
• Write and/or coordinate game notes, press releases, game recaps and feature stories for assigned sports
• Produce game day programs, game day graphics/video, etc.
• Promote Mars Hill Lions athletics on social media
• Assist with website management and create content for MarsHillLions.com
• Develop and maintain positive relationships with student-athletes, coaches, and other members of the athletic department
• Other duties assigned
STATE DATE: August 15, 2019
PLEASE INCLUDE ALL REQUESTED APPLICATION MATERIALS – INCOMPLETE SUBMISSIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED
Mars Hill University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Provider. Minorities and women are encouraged to apply.
In accordance with federal law and U.S. Department of Agriculture policy, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race color, national origin, age, disability, religion, sex, familial status, sexual orientation, and reprisal.
|To file a complaint with Mars Hill University, contact:
Office of Human Resources
Mars Hill University
Mars Hill, NC 28754
828 689-1256 Fax
|To file a complaint of discrimination, write to:
USDA, Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
1400 Independence Avenue, S.W., Stop 9410
Washington DC 20250-9410
Or call toll-free at (866) 632-9992 (English) or (800) 877-8339 (TDD) or (866) 377-8642
(English Federal- relay) or (800) 845-6136
USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer.