MHU Upward Bound
This program is no longer held at Mars Hill University
MHU Upward Bound was a federally funded college prep program for 9th – 12th graders attending Asheville, Erwin, North Buncombe, Madison, Mitchell and Mountain Heritage high schools in Western North Carolina.
The program included:
- A residential summer program on the campus of Mars Hill University, including a week-long cultural trip.
- Weekly afterschool tutoring and academic advising.
- Opportunities to visit colleges and universities.
- Trips to museums, plays, and other cultural events.
- Fee waivers for the SAT, ACT, and college applications.
MHUUB was funded by a grant from the U.S. Department of Education and the N.C. Simplified Summer Food Service Program (SFSP),