Electrician / Maintenance Technician
CLASSIFICATION: Service/Maintenance Personnel
SUPERVISOR: Position reports directly to Maintenance Supervisor
- Assists by pulling wires, drilling holes, installing conduit and cables. Repair, and installation of street lights and street light control distribution panels, traffic signal controllers and field wiring. Vehicle detectors, lighting fixtures and dimmer controls, all types of inside wiring fire alarm field wiring and internal supervisory circuits, fire alarm field wiring and internal supervisory circuits, fire alarm boxes burglar alarm modules, area lighting motors and motor controls, telephone systems, overhead power and telephone lines and other related electrical equipment.
- Operates pavement breaker and trenching equipment of the construction underground electrical facilities including underground cables
- Operates pipe cutting equipment in the process of working with conduit and metal components in the construction of devices associated with electrical functions
- Drives, operates, and performs routine equipment checks of trucks and other vehicles and equipment
- Constructs concrete framing for pole and control box bases
- Operates drills, drill presses, taps and dies, saws, and punches for construction of controllers and panels
- Operates and maintains pneumatic, electrical, and hydraulic tools and equipment associated with the electrical and construction trades
- Requisitions material, using warehouse requisition or release forms
- Paints variety of objects related to electrical functions
- Performs duties as assigned by Supervisor
- Will be “on-call” as scheduled
QUALIFICATIONS: Techniques and materials used in the installation, maintenance and repair of electrical equipment. Need to have a fundamental knowledge of electricity. Need to have the ability to do simple wiring. Operation and maintenance of a wide variety of hand and power tools and equipment common to the field. Safe work methods and safety methods pertaining to the work.
SKILLS IN: Operating and maintaining a variety of hand, power and shop tools and equipment used in electrical installation, maintenance and repair work. Understanding and following oral and written instructions. Performing heavy physical
labor. Preparing basic written records.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS: Must possess a valid state driver’s license and have a satisfactory driving record. Must possess sufficient strength and stamina to lift and carry objects weighing up to 50
pounds; must be willing to work out of doors in all weather conditions; must be willing to work from aerial buckets and underground in confined places and with possible exposure to potentially hazardous substance with proper protection; must be willing to work overtime and off-hour shifts in emergency situations; must possess good color vision.
Mars Hill University is an Equal Opportunity and Provider. Minorities are encouraged to apply.
Resumes and applications are not accepted by fax or email.
To apply, submit a letter naming the position, a completed university application (available here) and your resume to:
Mars Hill University
Human Resources Office
PO Box 6664
Mars Hill, NC 28754-5000
In accordance with federal law and U.S. Department of Agriculture policy, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race color, national origin, age, disability, religion, sex, familial status, sexual orientation, and reprisal.
|To file a complaint with Mars Hill University, contact:
Deana D Holland
Director of Human Resources
Title IX Coordinator
Mars Hill University
Mars Hill, NC 28754
828 689-1256 Fax
|To file a complaint of discrimination, write to:
USDA, Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
1400 Independence Avenue, S.W., Stop 9410
Washington DC 20250-9410
Or call toll-free at (866) 632-9992 (English) or (800) 877-8339 (TDD) or (866) 377-8642
(English Federal- relay) or (800) 845-6136
(Spanish Federal-relay). USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer.